30 December 2016

99 Luftballons & Not An Addict – Top 2000 Blog Party

While I thought this was going to be a great year for joining the Top 2000 Blog Party, because this would be the first year I would spend the days around Christmas and New Year’s eve at home. And so I thought I would have all the time to join this creative party, while listening to all those great songs on the radio. Boy, was I wrong about that! Yes, I am home. That part goes very well. The thing I didn’t think of, were all these appointments I had during these weeks. And all the shopping that needed to be done. I had too many plans this year and thus I seem to be rushing from one thing to another. And I’m happy if I can squeeze in some time to actually make art. So, that’s why this blogpost about today’s played songs, is appearing at the end of the day. Sigh. Time goes so fast! Can you believe tomorrow is the last day of 2016 already?

About the songs and art. I managed to make one spread in my art journal. And since we can send in two art pieces a day, I chose a photo I made. I had two artists to choose from, because I photographed at two of today’s played artist’s gigs. Eventually I went for a photo I never published before (it was still waiting to be post processed).

The first layer of the background of my art journal spread was done with a small Gelli plate. I stamped the clouds with a homemade foam stamp for which I also used the Gelli plate. The air balloons are a stamp I carved quite some years ago. I tried to clear emboss them, but every black ink I own, didn’t keep wet long enough, so the embossing only partially worked. Maybe the paper I used was just soaking up the ink too much. I coloured them with watercolour pencils and went over them with a clear Tombow brush pen. I also added some stencilling to the background using a stencil by Carabelle Studio and a piece of punchinella. I used distress ink (peacock feather). I added some background stamping with a Christy Tomlinson stamp and dark blue Archival ink. Finally some scribbles with a regular pencil and the title stamped with different kinds of stamp sets. And of course it didn’t feel finished without some white splattering. I finally found out how to do splattering with my Posca marker!

 

99_Luftballons

439: 99  Luftballons – Nena (30th December 2016, 8:46 AM)

Ks_Choice_03

431: Not An Addict– K’s Choice (30th December 2016, 9:31AM)

No comments: