15 November 2016

Hello Fall - Keep Swimming

While Fall is having the time of her life, I get so inspired. I go outside with my camera to capture the beauty of this time of year when I can. Rainy days have their charm too, as they make perfect days for arts and crafts. I rediscoverd my A6 sized art journal that I bought last year. It’s a great size for making spreads in stead of one page. I love the look of it. Another thing I am finally using, is the old typewriter I bought in a thriftstore a couple of years ago. I found a shop that still sells the ink ribbon and now it’s ready to go.

I made this journal page/spread following a prompt on Instagram. If you are on Instagram, look for the hashtag #sisterswithheartinart to see all the artwork. There’s a new prompt every Wednessday. This prompt was “leaves”. I used my Spelbinders die set to make a stencil. I also punched two bigger leaves with the same set. The circlen figures is a stencil by Carabelle Studio. The paints I used are Amsterdam acrylics, except for the middle sized leaf, for which used Van Gogh watercolours. There’s also a background stamp by Christy Tomlinson.

Hello_Fall

The page below is my latest. I made it yesterday. Last week I visited a museum (Museon, The Hague) and in the museum shop they sold some adorable Indian wooden stamps, that are originally used to make patterned fabric. This was my first time using them and I am in love. I used them with a 3”x5” Gelli Plate. The images are so sharp! I stencilled a wave pattern (Carabelle Studio) to create more of a sea look and some black dots through a piece of dry wall paper for some extra texture. The quote is from “Finding Nemo” that I typed with my vintage typewriter. I also added some neon pink dashes.

Keep_Swimming

Well, that’s it for today! I have a lot of editing to do, because I took tons of photo’s and there are also quite some more art projects that I’d like to share with you. So I hope to see you back soon!

No comments: